Meeting of the National Council of the WikiLeaks Party
9am June 22, 2013 (AEST)
|016||Scope possible special membership categories for Australians overseas, non-Australians, under 18s||Kellie|
|020||Find a person / people to manage a daily WLP newsletter / bulletin||Sam, Cassie|
|024||Pick a start date for weekly online forums/threads.||Niraj|
|025||Write to Julian to raise questions on timing of rebranding, then National Council to discuss the rebranding and logo change of the Party||John|
|026||All day Saturday meeting, who is inviting people and venue to be decided||Cassie, John|
|027||Circulate tag lines/ slogan and NC to vote for their favorites||Kaz|
|028||Send one paragraph biographies to Cassie to put on website||NC|
Greg Barns, left 9.30am
Kellie Tranter, joined 9.40am
Anja Voigt – minutes
3. Confirmation of the minutes of the last meeting
Minutes from last meeting confirmed, side note send corrections through to Cassie if required
4. Reports on actions from last meeting
Ref No. 016: In progress
Sam, Cassie –
Ref No 020: In progress
Cassie, Lillian –
Ref No 23: Time accepted, but some people absent without apologies
Ref No 24: 8am Sydney time, 11pm London time. 1st forum when party is registered. Theme each week or particular policy area. People interested in policies – can be discussed in weekly forums.
Ref No: 25: In progress
Candidates required. Tuesday afternoon recommended time.
Party evening event – Early August
Invite potential donor etc.
Link Sydney & London up via screen and WA to link or come to Mel. Or too much?
Cassie – to come back with volunteer suggestions from Sydney
Proceed? Enough resources?
Event at the Museum – Early August event
Evening event, speeches, candidates presented. People from large regional hubs coming in.
PRISM break – July 6th
Organized by the Greens & Pirate Party.
Does WLP want to put name down as supporter? Does WLP will have someone speak at the rally?
VIC: WACA & 1 person from Pirate Party organizing it. WLP should be on it
No objections by the NC to put WLP name down as supporter.
Iraq war veteran – 4th of July in Melbourne
WACA is bringing him out and requesting Iraq War Inquiry.
Question to the NC – WLP position statement?
Kellie: fits into WLP platform. Not sure enough time to create position around it? Discuss again next week.
Fundraising trivia event 29th of July in Sydney (Gaelic Club)
5.3 Volunteer coordination
Very promising NSW volunteer coordinator – Jonathan. Greg to meet with Jonathan next week. Jonathan is a stay a home dad, background in polling, used to work for Nielson.
Practical suggestions by volunteers in Sydney last week: stalls at universities, festivals etc. Couple of people willing to take this on. Buy stall.
VIC volunteers need flyer, merchandise, printed information. Same plan around universities. Hard to gain supported with candidates, policies, positions and provide merchandise & information.
Flyer – produce once candidates have been announced, not too long.
Quotes from printer are cheap. Are these ethical printing?
Volunteers need training how to respond etc. Volunteer manual nearly completed but missing positions (1 liner)
Kaz – compile position statements to circulate to the NC
5.4 Social media coordination
Sean on board, enjoying it, everyone to send him ideas.
Sam & Sean in the UK council
Sean – activist, support to WACA. Now part of social media team for WLP, Comedian by trade.
Omar’s report from London
5.5 Blog & newsletter
Sam has volunteers in mind, but no one stepped forward. Still looking. Any suggestions – please pass on Cassie & Sam
5.6 Tech meeting
Last night in Sydney & Melb: Successful in Sydney
Needs to establish better connection to communicate with Melb during meeting
5.7 NSW campaign/ working meeting – Sat, 29th of June, Sydney
Greg and Sam coming to Sydney; Kellie coming down.
Cassie to check with John who will invite people & venue
John required to speak about fundraising. Announcing candidates will influence people in terms of donations.
Full time developer starting on Monday – Frankie. Priority: donation facilitation, million dollar homepage idea etc.
7. Logo and website redevelopment
- · Comprised solution: retrain the hourglass but change colour and lines (darker & stronger lines), circle or square around it, WLP name on it.
- o Andrew sent ideas to Julian and Sarah S. – feedback not filtered back to Cassie yet.
- o Background for change: Concerns about existing logo difficult to use on merchandise.
- o Cassie to circulate to NC asap
- · Website developer
- o Full time programmer on board to support Matt and Michael
- o Should be online on time for registration (logical break)
- o VIC volunteer Co-ordinator drafted a manual on manning a polling both
- o Brief biographies on NC on new website? – Not in requirements but good idea. – Action NC to send one paragraph biographies to Cassie to put on website
8. Other business
- · Tag lines/ Slogan
- o Deadline – Wednesday 26th of June
- o Need tag lines/ slogan asap
- § Transparency, Accountability, Democracy used already; especially Transparency used up.
- § Can’t use overused terms
- § Kaz to circulate tag lines/ slogan and NC to vote they favourites
- · Calendar required – produced out of 1st July Melb meeting
9. Next meeting
Date and time to be determined