National Council Meeting Minutes 25-05-13

admin —  May 25, 2013

WIKILEAKS PARTY – RECORD OF MINUTES

WikiLeaks Party National Council Meeting 6pm May 25, 2013 (AEST)

NAME   LOCATION   COPIES TO
Kellie Tranter   NFP   Kaz Cochrane
Sam Castro       Omar Todd
Cassie Findlay          
Daniel Mathews        
John Shipton          
Gail Malone          
Niraj Lal          
Julian Assange          
Luke Pearson          
         
REF NO.   DISCUSSED ITEMS – ACTION PLANS   PERSON RESPONSIBLE
001   Send around definitions of party officials Kellie Tranter
    to all    
002   Further information in regard to voters   Kaz Cochrane
    support. We have thousands of paid up   Sam Castro
    members. Do we know how many are    
    reliable, active volunteers?    
003   Definitions of affiliated entities, process   Kellie Tranter
    of people donating anonymously and    
    AEC requirements, send this information  
    to National Council    
004   Review Constitution and overseas   Kellie Tranter
    membership    
005   Inquire about the Million Dollar Home   John Shipton
    Page with Matt. Check AEC requirements  
006   Take referrer recognition points system   John Shipton
    to the website team. For referrer    
    recognition points to be voluntary.    
007   Find out about Bitcoin donation stats   John Shipton
008   Investigate an auction for a Sydney event John Shipton
            Cassie Findlay
009   Discuss a volunteer base around website Cassie Findlay
    chat/troll control   Sam Castro
010   Coordinate with Luke and Niraj in   Sam Castro
   
    regards to the weekly chat/forum with   Gail Malone
    Facebook, Twitter press conference    
011   Follow up on the rotation of the   Omar Todd
    WikiLeaks Party social media forums   Luke Pearson

WIKILEAKS PARTY – RECORD OF MINUTES

REF NO. DISCUSSED ITEMS – ACTION PLANS PERSON RESPONSIBLE
012 Investigate an internal party sharing Sam Castro
  system Matt Watt
013 Discussion paper around Aboriginal and Luke Pearson
  Torres Strait Islander peoples,  
  transparency  
014 Talk to Linda researching topics within Luke Pearson
  the WikiLeaks cable database Sam Castro
    Cassie Findlay
015 Candidate for Queensland Luke Pearson

WIKILEAKS PARTY – RECORD OF MINUTES

WikiLeaks Party National Council Meeting 6pm May 25, 2013 (AEST)

Agenda

1. Present

Kellie Tranter

Sam Castro Cassie Findlay Daniel Mathews

John Shipton (left at 7:45pm AEST) Gail Malone

Niraj Lal (left 8:42pm AEST)

Julian Assange (left 9:00pm AEST/12:00pm London time) Luke Pearson (came late into meeting)

2.Apologies

Kaz Cochrane Omar Todd

3.Confirmation of the minutes of the last meeting (attached)

Confirmation of prior minutes, 6th April and 20th April received.

Action: Kellie: definitions of affiliated entities, process of people donating anonymously and check AEC requirements, send out information to National Council members.

Motion: Minutes from 6th April, 2013

Motion moved by: Cassie

Second: Dan

Motion: Minutes from 20th April, 2013

Motion moved by: Cassie

Second: Gail

4. Campaign

Sam –

Greg meeting with Julian to feed into how we develop our position statements. Location: London

Launch event dates: Early August

Locations: Melbourne, regional Victoria, London Julian –

Early September 1000 days Julian held without charge – meeting at HQ to acknowledge this.

Sam –

Regional areas – pre polling, postal votes. To target London for postal votes. Absentee vote. Spreading volunteers over the areas which capture 60%- 70% of the votes. To mobilize voters to vote on voting day.

Julian –

Breakdown between city and country polls is evenly spread. We are

WIKILEAKS PARTY – RECORD OF MINUTES

pulling votes evenly from both sides of the political spectrum.

Why is it that we are drawing equal number of Conservative as Labor votes and equal number of country and city votes?

Kellie –

Social issues creeping in from regional areas. Nationalism isn’t at play in regards to the above question.

Julian –

To ask ‘Why?’ the above questions.

Sam –

Both sides of the political spectrum feel as though they’ve been lied to. Neither of the leaders are popular even with voters on their own side. A case of corporate take over in regional areas, and both sides of politics are accountable for this.

Cassie –

Supporter meeting, Sydney. People are not just voting for us but are willing to volunteer their time and are unhappy with their old parties. Julian –

Uniform support across age. Level of voting is smoothly skewed to younger voters. Significant skews for age and for sex.

Cassie –

Need more market research Julian –

We have 25–28% of the vote nation wide across 3 EMR polls now. Why do you want to vote for Julian Assange? – cold calling from the campaign. Without this information we’re flying blind.

Action – further information in regard to voters support. We have thousands of paid up members. Do we know how many are reliable volunteers? Kaz and Sam to discuss this with Peter and Phill

Kellie –

Sufficient training for volunteers on polling day.

Sam –

Develop this document/training with Niraj. Door knocking to target key electorates.

Julian –

If you’re a member, what can you do? Door knocking? University clubs?

Sam –

Concern to start up university clubs is a lengthy process. Julian –

But it is fast to start up a university club without formal union recognition. Union bureaucracy only needed if you want insurance/tax cover etc. They just need to book a space to talk about WikiLeaks and publicise.

Cassie –

Young un-enrolled voters, campaign to target this demographic. Julian –

Kellie and Julian putting together a list of groups. Campaign needs to be extremely fast and structured. Only three position statements, three key positions. They have to have cut through, have to be interesting.

Luke –

Indigenous media often has different interests to mainstream media and

WIKILEAKS PARTY – RECORD OF MINUTES

will often pick up things mainstream media pass over.

Julian –

Internet campaign. WikiLeaks twitter and Facebook accounts can put some WikiLeaks Party stuff on there but not all. Can send out posts specifically to supporters in Australia via Facebook.

5. Fundraising

John –

Call 16 people per day asking for donations. Accompanying that is usual tweets regarding donations. Proposed fundraising events, parties promoting these on the internet. Preference is to raise the money by making relationships. Julian –

Messaging in the fundraising? Obama campaign, making the access into a lottery, pay to go into the lottery to gain access.

John –

Fundraising pitch – transparency is a movement with an iconic head. Transparency is the bow, accountability is the arrow and the aim: justice. Kaz is doing merchandising.

Sam –

Merchandise. Strategy around fundraising, outlining fundraising events held both in London and Australian at the same time for high-enddonors. Julian –

Discussion of pending donations policy announcement.

Action – Kellie: definitions of affiliated entities, process of people donating anonymous, send out information to National Council members.

Julian –

Propose an overseas member option.

Action – Kellie to review Constitution and overseas membership.

Motion: Introduce non-resident, non-citizen subject to it being possible. If it is not, to research a variant.

Motion moved by: JulianSecond: Gail.

Gail –

Supporter members, option.

Julian –

Million Dollar Home Page. Can be set up very quick.

Action: John to ask Matt about the Million Dollar Home Page. To look at the legality of the above with the AEC.

Julian –

Referrer code, who referred the person to donate. A league table to tally this. Those to receive recognition for referring donors, members etc.

Cassie –

WIKILEAKS PARTY – RECORD OF MINUTES

We will have membership numbers soon, will be accessed in a simple data base.

Action: John to take the referrer recognition points system to the Website team. For the referrer recognition points to be voluntary.

Julian –

Change to donation page.

Action: John to find out about Bitcoin donation stats.

Kellie –

Julian signed books, posters and other paraphernalia for fundraising. Julian –

Art auction. WikiLeaks charity auction. Guests bring gifts to be auctioned. Kellie –

WikiLeaks Party Charity auction will have to take place prior to AEC registration and comply with AEC requirements

Action: John, Cassie Investigate an auction for a Sydney event.

Julian –

Sarah S has done many fundraising events in London with very wealthy people.

6. Website redevelopment

Cassie –

Monday 27th May meeting of website development team. Confirming the logo, colour scheme, design thinking.

Julian –

Send Cassie significant requests with things that should not be on the website.

Sam –

What is the timeframe for the website to be up and running? Cassie –

Expects the website to be up and running in no more than a week or two. Julian –

We need to create a central community, where people discuss. Members, volunteers need to feel it’s a central community. Problem with trolls with open comment sections on the website.

Action: Cassie and Sam to discuss a volunteer base around website chat/troll control.

Sam –

In terms of the campaign we need to utilize Facebook.

Action: Sam and Gail to coordinate with Luke and Niraj in regards to the weekly chat/forum with Facebook, twitter press conference.

WIKILEAKS PARTY – RECORD OF MINUTES

Luke –

Twitter campaign, Twitter is good for live forums and campaigns. WikiChat? A weekly forum to raise issues regarding the WikiLeaks Party. One central hr where people are facilitating the chat. Use twitter hash-tag.

Julian –

Can we set up a logistical procedure where specific emails go out to specific audiences?

Cassie –

Emails of members, emails of volunteers, emails of people who have signed up to know when the party was starting.

Julian –

We need a person who holds the ability to send out all emails. A process to check and approve. ‘Get more updates, enter your email here.’ Difference between members and people who want to follow the party.

Everything comes through Cassie and Matt before it is sent out.

Luke –

Utilizing twitter and Facebook, one central space where people can talk, have spokesmen.

Action: Omar and Luke to follow up on the rotation curation of the Wikileaks party social media forms.

7. Systems – financial management, membership

Cassie –

Moving into an Access data management system. Financial matters, need more procedures for financial management prior to registration.

Sam –

Record the processes and contributing to internal processes. Julian –

An internal WikiLeaks Party shared information passing program/system. DocuWiki

Action: Sam and Matt to investigate an internal party sharing system.

Sam –

Will the CRM be integrated with the website?

8. Other business

Sam –

Luke to set up a sub-committee for Indigenous community.

Luke –

Identified the key issues of the moment for Indigenous communities.

Action: Luke discussion paper around Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, transparency.

WIKILEAKS PARTY – RECORD OF MINUTES

Julian –

Self-determination, for the people, the states and the nation. John Pilger – film Utopia. Try to link quotes for any issue to the WikiLeaks cables.

Action: Luke, Sam and Cassie talk to Linda researching topics within the Wikileaks cable database.

Kellie –

National Reconciliation Week next week, blog post.

Luke –

Create a National Reconciliation Week write up. Sign off with Luke, member of WikiLeaks Party National Council.

Sam –

Media release around National Reconciliation Week. Julian –

A paragraph of comment on National Reconciliation Week Julian –

Queensland?

Sam –

Identify Candidate.

Action: Luke – Find potential candidate for Queensland.

Julian –

Studio in London tested and works well. Kellie –

Questions relating to the transparency of the WikiLeaks Party. Legally obliged to comply with AEC rules and regulations and the Corporations Act and regulations. Legally bound by the rules of disclosure to the AEC

Julian –

We will not be like other parties, we will use the senate to break any irresponsible gag orders which reduce information and transparency to the Australian people and journalists.

9. Next meeting

8th June, 2013 (time to be confirmed at a later date).

admin

Posts Google+